This is a listing of what is new on GSGuide.net. Please note, only the three to five of the latest news messages will be listed on Main Page.
Monday, January 28th, 2013
- Welcome to GSGuide.net! GSGuide has been thriving on the new wikia setup. Check out some of the new pages like the DMC 2013 Prize List, some new Platinum Profiles or download the latest Platinum Lich Maps!
- If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to poke me in the game, or send me an email at email@example.com
Wednesday, January 9th, 2013
- If you are arriving here from GSGuide.net, DON'T PANIC! GSGuide only disappeared for the small interim it took for the web forwarding to percolate throughout the internet. All of your memes, articles, and guides from GSGuide.net are here, ready for you to use and update.
- So sit back. Relax. Check out a random page or two, upload a meme or update your profile, or go check out the new forums. Enjoy!
Tuesday, January 8th, 2013
- Okay! GSGuide.net has been ported entirely, including all memes, articles, and discussion pages to Wikia! I've been in contact with GSGuide.net's admin, and we're arranging for the final touches of the transfer. GSGuide will be staying on Wikia for the foreseeable future, so feel free to start updating those pages you've thought about adding, but never got around to!
- If there's anything you see around here that looks out of date, or should be updated, feel free to take a stab at it yourself. Otherwise, post a note in the Forums on stuff that you'd like to see updated.
Sunday, January 6th, 2013
- GSGuide.net has been exported and moved to wikia for the time being. All pages seemed to have exported without too many glitches, and I just finished uploading all 400 some images by hand *whew*. Please bear with me as I try to figure out wikia, and I hope that GSGuide.net continues to be a huge help for everybody!
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013
- GSGuide.net is set to close the doors as of January 12th, 2013. Please remove any pieces of information from the site now before it closes. Archive.com will not restore the wiki once it is down. It's been a pleasure serving the community of GemStone IV since 2007, and it's with great sadness that this decision is final. We tried very hard to get someone to run the show, but no one ever answered that call.
- Take care everyone!
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012
- Had two individuals come forward about helping with the site. However, without things getting much use these days, outside hotlinks to profile and humor pages, there hasn't been enough traffic.
- But finances aside, GSGuide.net needs someone who wants to take the time and effort to add and edit content to the site. Get the name out there again. Let people know where info is. So many questions are posted on the official forums and Players' Corner forums that are answered right here with accurate information that goes unanswered or not a lot of details are given. We need someone who wants to take care of the site for it to continue. As of right now, we are still scheduled to be closing the doors until someone expresses the desire to do that.
- If anyone is interested in taking the site over entirely or just helping out, please contact GSGuide.net(at)gmail(dot)com.
Thursday, May 10th, 2012
- Troubling news about the site. At the end of the year, GSGuide.net will be shutting down. This is due to the contract term coming to an end with Go Daddy. Unfortunately, I cannot take the time and effort to keep the site up and running alone, nor can I come up with the financial means to support it. I understand that there are cheaper hosts out there, but I do not have the time to take those steps, this is why I'd need someone to completely take over. If you would like to help take over the site, please contact me. If you're unsure how to contact me, please use GSGuide.net (at) gmail (dot) com. I would love to see the site continue to grow, but without anyone streamlining the site with new information, or promoting the guides here, the site has become extremely low in traffic and in new content. It saddens me, because I see the same questions asked a lot, and they are all answered here! Or a perfect place to host summaries of past storylines or current ones going on. Anyway, it's been a good run for 6 years.
Monday, January 16th, 2012
- GSGuide.net just made a clean up of the active admins. If your access to be a sysops was removed, but you're still active, please email GSGuide.net to let us know.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011
- GSGuide.net's performance issues look to be resolved. The pages can sometimes be slow to load, taking just about 5 or so seconds to load some of the more information-packed pages, but the wait times shouldn't hit those dreaded 30+ second marks anymore. The upload limit is capped again, so people don't accidentally upload almost a gigabyte of images. We'll be clearing out all old revisions shortly and optimizing the database one last time, so the site continues to run smoothly.
- With that all said, GSGuide.net could use some support with promoting the site. Some of the most wanted guides are always asked for, but without a voice, no one can find the site. GSGuide.net still has one of the best GoS guides out there, and most commonly asked questions on the forums and in-game can be answered right here! Support the site and let it grow!
Monday, November 7th, 2011
- We are aware of the performance issues with load times from page to page. This is largely due to the caching of this site. When GSGuide.net was started, the database options were small, which allowed load times to be handled at a normal pace. With the coming of many images (some giant in size), the database queries started to become larger and larger. Caching options aren't really an option due to how GSGuide.net is hosted, but after some backups are made, some other options will be explored to help the site move at a better pace.
Saturday, August 27th, 2011
- The sidebar has been reorganized slightly, combining the old miscellaneous category with several already-made categories. Replacing it is the new links category. There, you'll find some of GemStone IV's information sites, including the new GemStone IV Custom Search site that Kyaloria's player created.
Friday, March 11th, 2011
- GSGuide.net is happy to announce a re-organization took place in the Scripts section. This new version provides a much easier way for you to find exactly what script you are looking for. The old scripts are still in the process of being converted over to the new template and re-categorized. We are still in need of more scripts and looking for more contributors.
Sunday, March 6th, 2011
- We are sad to say that the Did You Know... is now inactive. However, we now welcome the new Twitter Feed on the main page! Never miss a tweet again! Also, be sure to check out the MemeGuide over in the Humor section of the wiki!
Wednesday, February 8th, 2011
- GSGuide.net would like to welcome our newest editors! We look forward to any new articles and profiles that you post. The Profiles section has been blooming with lots of new life, and that is very exciting. Big thanks to Orainissa's player for starting to work on the Weapon Alteration Names Guide, Kaliq's players for his great work on The Skinning Guide, and Myriamie's player for the addition to The Crimson Moon, a Platinum Storyline. We appreciate all the hard work you have put into those guides and write-ups! Keep up the good work!
- With that said, don't forget to check out our Guides section, which is an excellent resource to many frequently asked questions! Feel free to create a new guide of your own, or help improve some of the guides that are there! Keep in mind, GSGuide.net has a Style Guide that we'd like to follow, which can be found in the Help section located on the sidebar or just below in the Getting Started info box!
- Last, but not least... GSGuide.net is a great place to store in-depth information on guides, character backgrounds, and so on... But remember to spread the word about GSGuide.net, or else it could just be the best kept secret since the Council of Light!
- Happy Hunting,
Tuesday, December, 28th, 2010
- Updates, updates, where are the bloody updates!? Things have been slow, if not stagnant on GSGuide.net. But the site is still very much in operation. While the admin on GSGuide.net aren't very active, that doesn't mean that the show can't go on. GSGuide.net welcomes any new material you might feel is needed here. The June news listing is still below, and both those guides could use some love. If you have the time and energy, feel free to edit them up into glorious works of art!
Saturday, June 5th, 2010
- Sorry there hasn't been a whole lot going on with the site, as of lately. The only thing we here at GSGuide.net have managed to do over the better half of this year is to keep the maintenance of the site together! That doesn't mean that the show can't go on.
- GSGuide.net has several projects that were started, but not completed. Also, there are several scripts that can use some updating due to town changes and the such. Feel free to update those scripts and guides as needed. Some pages are locked, but the admin still checks GSGuide.net as often as they can. Using the discussion tabs at the top of the pages can notify admin on the site to help update pages. This isn't a guarantee that stuff will be updated, but it can better help show where the problem areas are.
- If anyone wants to finish either of these:
- Feel free! GSGuide.net can continue to grow with the help from its users!
- You may notice a System Cleaner user that is editing pages as well (it's currently editing this page). It is a bot with sysops privileges to clean up the site on its own and add updates that GSGuide.net sends it to do (like this news article). If it goes out of control or deletes content that it isn't suppose to, please let us know.
Sunday, January 17th, 2010
- The database is undergoing a backup. During this time, everything should be fine to add/edit, however, there may be a brief time the site goes down. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!
Thursday, January 14th, 2010
- First off, I apologize for some slow responses for account requests. It seems when I created a rule for anything coming into my inbox from GSGuide.net, it was placing things into my spam filter, which I don't check. So I think three of you went there, and I'm sorry about that. Though, that should be fixed for now on!
- As I said with the last update, my time to work on new projects is really limited, but I still keep getting emails! With the site being wiki, you are free to work on what ever you like when ever you like. But, I will say this, I just don't have the time to update some of the scripts on the site. I know some are outdated. You are free to update them and toss up a new version though. I know the big culprit is the AdG script.
- Lastly, Geshthai has started a really great guide. It is called The Skinning Guide. It could use some help by filling in the level information and adding creatures that can be skinned. Also, if someone wants to link the area creatures can be found to the corresponding map that would be wonderful. The Weapon Alteration Names guide could also use some help. If you're good with researching weapon nouns, adding a small description of the weapon in question in the table would be great!
- So to sum up this update... The following projects could use some help:
Saturday, January 2nd, 2010
- Happy New Years! I hope everyone is ready for 2010! With that said, I have some GSGuide.net things to address. When GSGuide.net was first introduced back in 2007, it was just aimed as a site to host scripts and guides of various sorts. The site started to gain popularity in the Profiles that I had thought of for Platinum. However, with the profiles came more work, as people wanted to tweak and add to information almost weekly. So, in the beginning of 2009, I had an overwhelming discussion to take the site to a wiki format so more people can add information to the site and edit their profiles however they wish.
- It's been almost a year now, and the site has grown from a simple 70 so page html based site, to an 1100 page wiki, that continues to grow! But, I feel the wiki idea still falls flat on some, and with moving into the new year, I need to address that. While, I don't mind getting requests to add information, guides or new sections, my time has become a bit more limited and I feel I neglect more and more of those requests. But the wiki idea is that you the user can add what you like to the site to help improve it. Whether it is a script or a guide or something completely new, feel free to edit and or add what you desire! You don't need me. And if you don't have an account, you can always request an account to get started!
- And thank you to the users who have helped and added a great deal of information, without you, the site would have never grew the way it did! Keep those profiles coming!
- Some projects did not get finished, however, feel free to update or finish whatever you wish!
Monday, December 28th, 2009
- Whew! What a crazy month! Sorry for the lack of updates on the guides, but now that I have some free time this week, I'm going to be wrapping up the few guides that I left hanging. I'm hoping to have them concluded before the 1st of the year. I'll send out another update soon!
Friday, November 27th, 2009
- The Main Page has had a facelift. Links on the sidebar (the links on the left hand side) that weren't currently generating enough traffic have been moved. You will now find a Roleplaying Guides link that will have things like The Seafarer's Guide to Elanthia, Prime Roleplaying and Platinum Roleplaying. This will just clean things up, instead of having a link for everything on the sidebar for easier access.
- A links page will also be generated in the next few days that will have pages to pages we at GSGuide.net think are useful. So, keep checking back to see what we come up with, and feel free to add links you might find useful as well! FailGuide and Elanthian GraphJam are now located in the Humor section.
- As always, keep your suggestions flowing to make this site a better place.
Thursday, November 26th, 2009
- Image mapping is fully functional! Hurray! The Seafarer's Guide to Elanthia has had many updates, but it still requires a lot more. You can find a direct link to the guide now on the sidebar, as requested.
- A quick note on page vandalism. It isn't tolerated here on GSGuide.net. I don't wish to have to choose sides, but the policy has been written ever since GSGuide.net went wiki. You can find that here.
- Outside that, enjoy the holidays!
Saturday, November 21st, 2009
- It has come to my attention that some emails might have not gone through. If you've recently requested an account and still haven't heard back from me, please resend that email! My apologizes, not sure what happened!
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009
- With the completion of several guides, The Seafarer's Guide to Elanthia has now started. Depending on their time, I will possibly have some helpers with the Weapon Alteration Names guide soon. If I can't confirm anything, I will begin working on it sometime this month.
- The Special Properties Guide has also been completed. But be sure to check the Guides section to see all the new fun to explore!
- Lastly, the .css has all been fixed for the other skins, as well as one of the outdated extensions that became obsolete with the software update. As usual, please let me know if you find something wrong on the site!
Monday, November 9th, 2009
- UPDATE: I have managed to fix the .css scheme issue that had happened from the upgrade in software, but only for the GSGuide.net skin (the default one). I will work on fixing Blue and Black as soon as I can find out what caused the issue. In order to fix the colors, you may need to bypass your cash by holding ctrl + F5 or what ever your broweser states to do in such a case. You can also delete old internet files along with history. If you notice any issues with GSGuide.net, please me know!
- Important Notice: GSGuide.net has been upgraded from v1.13 to v1.15. Due to that update, some of the .css needs to be updated. Don't be alarmed by the fight background. I will work on getting this all fixed as soon as I can.
- GSGuide.net hits over 1000 pages! GSGuide.net has grown over 3x its original size since going wiki, and continues to grow! And with that, several projects have finally come to an end!
- The majority of the puzzle guides are done and for now, I don't wish to revisit anything there. The Maps of Elanthia page is now complete. Mikoguchi will be updating that section as he has time with new areas, creatures and several new maps, but as for the layout, it is complete!
- Projects that went inactive are going dormant for a little while. I can't promise I will revisit them soon, but they remain on my to-do list! The Weapon Alteration Names guide will hopefully have some help soon. The Platinum FAQ has also been updated. Outside some profile updates, I plan on working on The Seafarer's Guide to Elanthia next!
Sunday, November 8th, 2009
- Ebon Gate set GSGuide.net a little behind on some goals. However, guides are actively being worked on! The Weapon Alteration Names Guide is on my active to-do list, as is touching up some other guides before moving on to Maps of Elanthia and The Seafarer's Guide to Elanthia.
- With that all said, GSGuide.net needs someone who would like to actively work on projects. By doing so, you will gain SYSOPS status in helping GSGuide.net grow! Please contact Mario if you are interested!
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009
- Notice: GSGuide.net will be doing some site maintience at roughly 7:30pm EDT. The site may go down in the next couple of hours. Avoid making any large scale changes to the site in that time!
- The front page got a face lift! It now shows the current projects and featured guide as well as some new formatting! If you would like to add a new project, let me know. I am going to try to wrap a few odds and ends on a few others not listed so I can begin work on the projects listed below.
- I've had a lot of inquires about editing and updating a few scripts. At this time, I just don't have a whole lot of availability for working on scripts. Once things are caught up, I will try to get some of the scripted updated, but it is back-burnered for now!
Friday, September 25th, 2009
- Laphrael's player had asked me today about making collapsible tables. I didn't realize they weren't working beforehand. However, thanks to her for bringing it up, GSGuide.net now has fully functional collapse and sort features for tables! Go forth, and table away!
Sunday, September 6th, 2009
- UPDATE: Site maintenance is complete. If you experience anything unusual, please let me know.
- GSGuide.net will be undergoing some site maintenance. During this time, the site may go down for a small bit of time. All old revision will be cleaned out and the loads times should improve drastically.
- A quick note, almost done with several guides I been working on and look forward to starting up some new, refreshing projects on here! The Darkstone, Landing GY and Melgheron's Reach puzzle pages are done at this time, and the Brokenland puzzle page is about 40% complete.
Sunday, August 30th, 2009
- A quick update to the Administrators page has been made. If you wish to become an Administrator, please read the details on that page!
Saturday, August 29th, 2009
- Been awhile since the last news update! Sorry about that. Summer has been busy! But new projects are underway. As many have heard, Mikoguchi is taking up a fairly huge project to updating Tsoran's maps and getting them all on GSGuide.net. Very exciting news!
- We also have two new humor sections called FailGuide and Elanthian GraphJam that are inspired by the sites FailBlog and GraphJam. Jaired's player has been making that section fill out, but more are welcome to join into the fun! Just remember, it's all suppose to be in good taste!
- I am going to burn the midnight oil over the next few days to hammer out some of the guides I been working on so I can move forward with more of the roleplaying guides I'd like to get out!
- I have been getting a lot of requests lately to update some of the scripts. It is on my plate to get done, but it may be awhile. The two scripts I know that are in need of some updating are PortalX and AdG. I can't make any promises, but I will try to get something up soon.
- As always, keep your requests coming!
Thursday, July 2nd, 2009
- As many have already noticed, GSGuide.net is no longer allowing anonymous editing. This is due to the large vandalism that was caused to the site as a whole. I have removed the CAPTCHA upon edits, as they no longer will be needed. What this does mean is you will need to be logged in to edit or create content. If you do not have an account with GSGuide.net, you will need to request an account by sending us an email. For those that know me, Mario, you can also get in touch with me via AIM. If you need that information, it is there on my user page.
- Beacuse of all that, I got a little behind on my projects. And as I continue to do projects, more ideas keep flowing! So, this is what I am currently working on.
- After those are complete, I plan on getting The Hunting Manual started, as it currently is in no working order, and then moving onto some more roleplay oriented content. As usual, keep the ideas flowing, and everyone is welcome to leave me messages on my discussion page for more ideas!
Thursday, June 18th, 2009
- I just wanted to update you on what I will be working over the course of this month and into the next. Each day, someone brings up another idea for the site, which gets me thrilled and overwhelmed at the same time! So, instead of trying to tackle all of them at once, I am going to try to do them in sections. This month, I will be working on the following projects:
- Adding several new guides on Darkstone, the Landing's Graveyard, Melghoren's Reach, NPC clerics around Elanthia and a few odds and ends!
- Updating the Super Nodes to include perma-sanct.
- Updating The Guardians of Sunfist Guide.
- Cleaning up the site's revisions.
- Platinum's Chain-of-Command.
- Update the Platinum Cart Contests.
- Adding a media extension.
- New Did You Know listing.
- Adding several storyline recaps for Platinum.
- At this point, I feel confident that majority of spam bots are now stopped. They did make a mess in the database, so I will need to clean that up, but I will do that after I finish the list of projects I have. If, by any means, you have a guide or idea that you think that would improve the site, never hesitate to let me know! Everyone is welcome to leave me messages on my discussion page.
Tuesday, June 9th, 2009
- Update: At this point, we're going to see if this new "feature" works. Some of you may now be prompted to do a very simple math problem when creating and/or editing a post.
- I am fully aware of the spam issue that seems to be hitting hard in the early hours of the day. I am working on making something that can, hopefully, stop it and keep GSGuide a public wiki. I really don't want to make the wiki private, so keep your fingers crossed.
Monday, June 8th, 2009
- Spam spam spam! Thanks to Droit and Issalya for taking care of those spammy pages while I was gone!
- The Guardians of Sunfist Guide is currently being worked on. If you feel some of the information on the page is incorrect, feel free to update it, as well as notify me on my discussion page.
Sunday, June 7th, 2009
- Margin for wikitables have been fixed finally. Also, some sprucing up of various css code has been done.
Sunday, May 31st, 2009
- A number of projects are being started for the next month. If you encounter a page that seems not complete in some fashion, chances are that it is in the process of being worked on. Current projects can be found here.
- Also, some of the code mark up on the site will under go some changes, this should not effect any pages people are currenly working on. If you experience a page that looks changed, please drop me a note on my discussion page.
Thursday, May 14th, 2009
- Apologizes for the lack of updates this past month. Things got a little busy, and every time I sat down to do some editing, I ended up having to work on the database with some issues. I also tried to make a "helpful" Mediawiki bot, but it was a failure. So I'm going to pass on attempting to make another bot to do some automated work for now. If anyone is familiar with how to make a good bot, please let me know!
- Throughout the day, I will be added information about CCF for Platinum's run! Hopefully I manage to get everything up that can be helpful!
Sunday, April 12th, 2009
- Attack of the Bots! Seems GSGuide.net has been getting pegged finally with the spam bots. I knew it would happen eventually, but was hoping we'd stay under the radar longer! So, instead of starting the few projects I had intended to have done by the weekend, I had to do some database work and install some new extensions! Sorry to those that are waiting for the info to get done for CCF!
Friday, April 10th, 2009
- I'm pleased to introduce our two new administrators, Becca and Kaliq! May they bring GSGuide.net their creativity and knowledge!
Tuesday, April 7th, 2009
- Some database work that has been keeping me from doing some projects should finally be over with. I may or may not need to do some fiddling, but I should be able to resume work on the actual wiki tomorrow!
Monday, April 6th, 2009
- Creature Templates have been made. For those of you working on the creature lists, take a moment and check them over. They are Creature, Creature Attributes and Creature Treasure. Use the discussion links on each template to say if you think they are good to go!
Sunday, March 22nd, 2009
- I had an email today asking if I could have the white 'original' skin as a choice come back, as some rather have that than the colorful one that is the default skin. So I went ahead and made GSGuide the default for skin choice, but there is now the basic monobook one to choose in the skin section in your preferences. Some of you may need to go into your preferences and set it back to GSGuide, if you wish the default skin again. Logging in and then out also may fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Sunday, March 22nd, 2009
- Finally figured out how to fix the 'My Preferences' page to have the correct colors for the skins. They should now be quite visible for both Blue and Black. Also made the links in the upper right corner more visible with those skins too.
Wednesday, March 18th, 2009
- Cleaned up both Black and Blue skins so tabbed links at the top are more visible and you can see the Skins page in your 'My Preferences.' Remember to force refresh your browser to see these changes!
Friday, March 13th, 2009
- GSGuide.net got a facelift to the homepage. Tell us your thoughts in the discussion page. Also, several new Help Pages have been compiled for those who desire more information on getting started.
Thursday, March 12th, 2009
- The site's history has been completely cleaned out, so do not be alarmed if you notice that older revision aren't accessible at this time. This was important to do, as the site's database needed to be touched up a slight bit. In the future, only certain pages will be cleaned up as needed. Sorry for any issues this may cause anyone.
Sunday, March 1st, 2009
- GSGuide.net's one month anniversary to the conversion of MediaWiki! We've come a long way! Keep the content pouring in!
Friday, February 27th, 2009
- Added yet another skin, "Black." This will be the last skin I make for now. Hope you enjoy!
Friday, February 27th, 2009
- Added a new skin option I built called "Blue." You can use it by going into your preferences and clicking the skin button and selecting Blue at the top there. Hope you enjoy it!
- Also added the category Auctions and Raffles for the Platinum section! Lets get that filled out with all previous action!
Monday, February 23rd, 2009
- By popular demand, I have added a Prime section. Currently, it containers Profiles, Storylines and MHOs for categories. Put it to good use!
Sunday, February 22nd, 2009
- Changed the skin for the site and made a much better logo! I hope you all enjoy it!
Friday, February 20th, 2009
- It came to my attention yesterday that the main page, as well as some of the other pages, didn't appear to be "clean and neat." I had only been using IE 7.0 and Safari for browsers, so I didn't notice that some of the other browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, IE 6.0, etc.) weren't communicating with the code. One patch and several code changes later, and I think that has been resolved. As always, let me know if you see anything that doesn't look "right" and I will attempt to get it all fixed up!
- One other thing to note. GSGuide.net is best viewed at 1440 x 900 screen res, however, it should work for just about any screen resolution. Some pages just may seem "crowded."
Thursday, February 19th, 2009
- I'm happy to announce that the Mediawiki software has been upgraded. Most people won't notice any difference, but a lot of security updates have been added with the patches. Also, after wracking my brain, I finally fixed images to work as thumbnails. So go forth and use the upload link as you see fit!
- I'm really enjoying all the new profiles that have been added over the course of the past week. Keep them coming! And always, if you'd like to see a second, give us a shout!
Sunday, February 8th, 2009
- At this point, all old content that was on the old site has been uploaded over. While some guides and logs may still need some touching up, everything is now here! A few notes. I can't seem to get images to upload correctly, so I am working on that. Feel free to start adding content at this point! A big thanks to everyone who helped me make the jump to MediaWiki and have been putting up with my random questions.
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009
- Just got the wiki up and running! Getting the hang of working with MediaWiki, this is my first time outside an edit here and there. So please bear with me while I grasp the general idea of getting things up and rolling!
Click here for an archived news articles!